Furnace Repair Roseville
Don’t wait until winter is in full force to think about making furnace repairs to your Roseville home’s heating system. Fall is the time to check your furnace and determine if it is ready for the colder temperatures that are sure to come. Surprisingly, there are a number of furnace maintenance actions you can take to ensure bigger repairs are not needed for your furnace.
As a long-time furnace repair specialist in Roseville, the Prescription Heating and Cooling team has mastered the skills needed to keep a furnace working at its peak performance. And, while there are definitely jobs only a trained furnace repair person should do, there are also steps you can take to keep your furnace running effectively and efficiently.
Basic Maintenance Steps to Minimize Furnace Repairs
Your Roseville home’s furnace can last many years, but only if you do your part to ensure it is well maintained. Sure, you can call in one of our heating repair specialists to do everything, but by learning to do some of the maintenance jobs yourself, you can do your part to prevent the need for pricey furnace repairs.
Some of these proactive measures you can take include:
- At least once a year, take time to vacuum out the area around the furnace’s blower. If your vacuum cleaner has a small brush attachment, you should also clean off each fan blade.
- While you have the furnace open, look for oil ports on the motor. If your furnace has these, then apply a few drops of non-detergent motor oil in each port.
- If you have an older furnace with a pilot light, be sure it is lit, and stays that way. If it does not remain lit, there could be several things causing it. These might include the pilot orifice being clogged, the flame being set too low, a defective cutoff valve or a loose part. If you are unsure what might be the cause, calling one of Prescription Heating and Cooling professionals is recommended.
- If you have an electronic ignition furnace, then turn down the thermostat or turn the power switch on then off to reset the ignition control module. Be sure to listen for the sound of the spark or watch for the hot surface indicator to glow.
- If you feel your furnace is providing heat but not enough of it, be sure nothing is blocking the flow of warm air. The blockage may be caused by not having the registers fully open or due to a dirty filter.
Scheduling Furnace Repair in Roseville
If you have performed these furnace maintenance jobs but feel there is more that should be done, or perhaps in your maintenance routine you discover other issues that need to be addressed, then it is time to contact Prescription Heating and Cooling. You can call us at 651-767-2737 or Contact Us online for furnace repair in Roseville.